Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I would be okay if that never happened again.

On Monday morning I woke up (later than intended) and moved as quickly as I could (not very fast at all) to feed the kitties and take my shower so I could go help mom in the office for a few hours.

After both kitties were eating, I started the dishwasher and jumped in the shower. I normally wouldn't share this much information about my shower time, but I believe this to be blog worthy. I shampooed my hair and put in conditioner. I started to shave my legs and all of a sudden the water pressure drastically reduced to a dribble out of the shower head. I was confused about what might be happening but I stood there for a minute or two waiting for it to start up again. Then I started to get cold.

I realized that I maybe shouldn't be running the dishwasher at the same time as the shower, and that was probably what was causing the lack of pressure. So, reluctantly I stepped out of the shower with conditioner in my hair and shaving cream on my legs grabbed my towel and ran to the kitchen and stopped the dishwasher. I thought, surely now I can finish my shower.

I went back to the bathroom and turned the faucet on again. Nothing. I told my self that the water needed to make its way through the pipes again, so I just needed to count to 30. I counted and still nothing. I kept trying to be patient and try it again and again. I was dreading the thought of having to leave my house with conditioner in my hair and shaving cream residue on my legs to finish my shower at mom & dads.

Finally I decided that it probably wasn't the dishwasher. I had thoughts running through my head like, did I forget to pay the water bill? after about 15 minutes I decided it was time to call the office. The lady who answered didn't know of any work going on in my building, but said she would ask the maintenance manager and call me back.

After another 10 minutes of walking around in a robe waiting for a call I turned on the faucet in the kitchen. Water was coming out with normal pressure. Hooray! I put a note on the door for maintenance in case they came to fix it. I didn't really need any of them seeing me unclothed!

I quickly finished my shower. The water pressure was normal for the entirety of shower part II. I got out and continued my routine getting ready noticing that my hair was especially easy to comb through!

As I was getting ready to walk out the door to the apartment office, my phone rang. It was the lady I had spoken to earlier. She just wanted to let me know that maintenance had to do some work in my building and turned the water off for a little bit. It's back on now though!

Thanks for the notice! Thanks A LOT!

3 comments:

Nan said...

A slice of your life! I like it!

terry said...

Ah! What a lovely start to the day... yeah, where's the advance notice PEOPLE?! I guess they figured most normal adults would have been clean and out the door by then. Heh, heh.

terry said...

don't get me wrong, 'cause I would not have been one of those normal adults ;)

Followers

Blog Archive