Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Helping the Smith Goerings pack and party and other fun adventures!

Two weeks ago tomorrow I made a spur of the moment plan to drive to Kansas City to help Joel and Emily pack in preparation to move to Austin. On Thursday afternoon texting back and forth, Emily jokingly said that I could come help her pack. So, I did. I left on Friday morning and drove to Salina. There I was able to meet up with Jenny and her girls at her mother-in-law's pool! It was a short visit but I was SO glad to be able to see them! Here are a couple of shots from the pool.





After I left Salina that afternoon I continued my trip to KC. I was so happy to get there! I hadn't seen Emily since December! Emily had prepared Totino's party pizzas and champagne for us and also for Heidi! I hadn't seen Heidi for a long time either, so needless to say I was pretty excited!

Later in the evening Joel arrived home from a Royal's game with Mark Smith and a couple other friends. We hung out a little longer until bedtime.

The next morning I was awaken by Toby, Emily, coffee and a muffin. It was fantastic! We got up and spent the day packing. That evening J&E's kickball and Hallmark friends had planned an evening in Westin, MO at the Westin Brewing Company. The party of 20 began the evening dining at the American Bowman Restaurant. It was a beautiful evening to spend outside. I was able to learn to know some of the people at our end of the table. I learned a lot about the world of Hallmark. Fascinating really!

After dinner we went next door to O'Malley's Pub! It was a very cool place that was really far underground. There after we made our way through the crowd to hear the live musical talents of Flannigan's Right Hook! They were a very fun, not to mention good looking, cover band from Kansas City. We enjoyed their music all evening in the sweet underground pub!


How could I resist taking a picture for my kitty O'Malley?!? I know he doesn't care...but I do!
The next day we slept in later than the morning before. We attempted to get some packing done, but we were not as successful as the day before. Emily and I ran to the grocery store to buy "supplies" for the party at their house that evening. We bought all kinds of good stuff including 40 hot dogs! Joel was the master of the grill and we all ate and drank well!


As most of my experiences partying at the Smith Goering house, we all eventually ventured inside for a dance party! Loved it!





The next morning one flip-flop short, I drove to South Hutch to Mennonite Manor to pop in on old friends. I was only there for about an hour or so. Then I was off to Marion to spend the night with Sara!
Sara and I walked to Pizza Hut for dinner and as we were finishing our meal the power went out! So sorry Pizza Hut that you weren't able to ring up our order so we got it for FREE! Ha! After pizza we drove to their farm where they are building their new home. Then we were off to her sister-in-laws to see the cute little kittens! We watched the last episode of The Bachelorette and then it was bedtime. It was a short visit with Sara but well worth it!
I didn't realize how much I missed Kansas. Not enough to move back, but it was home for 8 years. I'm glad that I am in a spot to make such quick plans! I loved having to opportunity to see so many people who are so special to me!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love seeing all of your little and big friend pictures from your KS/MO run. Where is the picture of Sara though?

Followers

Blog Archive