Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Unacceptable

It's been almost one whole month since I have updated my blog. That is unacceptable! I have been pretty busy, still I should make more time for at least a little update.

I am finishing my last month at Mennonite Manor. I feel like I should already be done and just taking some time to sleep in before I start another job. I have been back and forth to Colorado a couple of times now each time bringing a load of things I feel I can do without for a while. I am AMAZED at the amount of clothing that has come out of my apartment. I make myself sick, but I love it. :) I am headed out again this weekend. I am borrowing a large trailer and moving my bigger furniture. My co-worker Amy is going to loan me her air mattress to sleep on until I'm done with my apartment. (Thanks Amy!)

I have had very little contact as far as job are concerned, but did get one offer. Due to timing and other issues, I didn't take the offer. It just didn't feel right. I know there is a job out there for me somewhere. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for me to find it.

I am also looking at my options and strongly considering buying a house in COS. I have looked at 17 different properties now between the two weekends trips I have made recently. I want to say that I found the perfect place, but I have to be able to afford the payments for it to really be perfect. Lets just say I found a beautiful home or two that I wouldn't mind living in.

I am looking forward to moving forward in my life. I think it will be a good thing to be near family. I am looking forward to renewing relationships and connections with so many people who are so lovely and dear to me. I feel like this new chapter in my life will give me the opportunity to do so.

4 comments:

Marika said...

I love, love, love the new look! And I'm super excited that you will be in Colorado Springs!

Sue said...

Marika couldn't have said it better!

Nan said...

Lauren - thanks for posting again. I check your blog fairly regulary hoping to hear about what your doing, thinking, planning. Thanks for the update!! I hope the remainder of your moving process goes smoothly - love you!

erin said...

i'm happy to see you so excited for this new direction in your life! i miss you always and can't wait for more updates!

Followers

Blog Archive