Saturday, February 21, 2009

How did they do it?

Somehow I've been suckered into staying at the Manor two weeks longer than I had intended. There is something appealing about two more weeks of pay, especially since I don't have a job to go to in CO. They wanted me to stay around and fill the week long gap there would have been between me leaving and the new guy starting. The next week we can work together and do some training. I am fine with it really, because I am very comfortable with "the new guy." In fact I've known him since I was about 3 years old or so. Allan Bartel will be taking over my job when I leave. It's crazy how the world works isn't it? I got to spend some time with him this past week on Thursday afternoon. It was nice to be able to feel like I could answer all of his questions with complete honesty and feel comfortable that he would know my intentions. I also feel very good about leaving my beloved residents in his hands. I know they will love him and he will take good care of them.

3 comments:

Nan said...

yay - thanks for blogging about that because I was wondering what was happening and how you are feeling about it! You answered my questions - you mind reader, you!

Sue said...

yeah thanks for that post Lauren.

Marika said...

Whoo! Hoo! More money, right?! Hey, how's the reading coming? I don't see any books yet for February... and the month is almost over! :)

Followers

Blog Archive