Monday, August 12, 2013

Phoenix '13


Still playing catch up here.  At least I'm into July.  Adam and I got to go with the Legacy youth group to Phoenix for the Mennonite Church USA conference.  I got to go to three different conventions as a teenager.  I went to Orlando '97, St. Louis '99 and Nashville '01.  I have some wonderful memories from those times.  Being close to my youth group was a very important part of my life growing up.  It was fun to watch the kids in this group grow closer.  Convention always includes high energy worship services, inspiring and entertaining speakers, service projects and usually a special event, in this case, Wet and Wild.  They also included learning experiences this year.  I tried Salsa Dancing!  This years theme was Citizens of God's Kingdom: Healed in Hope.  There was a lot of focus on immigration.  I still need to do research about that I can do in my area to get involved. 

Here are some shots from the week.

Cousins!

Worship time

Waiting for lunch

Our bus ride to our service project



My favorite Legacy leaders

Ice pops after our service project


Corn-hole competition





Neen Bean




Service Project










No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive