Saturday, December 20, 2008

What every real American light up, low quality, collectible village needs.

I was feeling a little restless being inside for much of the day so this evening I decided to pay a visit to the local Wal-Mart store. I wandered around in the Christmas isles looking for discounted decorations, etc. I came across the Wal-Mart version of those Hightower Collectible villages that people collect and display at Christmas. They had all different kinds of low quality looking buildings to complete a village set-up. There was the village mill, the Alamo, the church and the popcorn stand among many others. Then I saw it. The little collectible building that completes any real American village...the Wal-Mart Supercenter collectible. What the hell? Seriously? I was at least encouraged that there were more of those left on the shelves than any other building.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh my goodness. That is getting really bad.

Followers

Blog Archive