Thursday, March 21, 2013

Special Guest Appearance

About three hours before arriving in Colorado Springs I got a call from Bethel College friend Andy Gingerich.  He was headed our direction and needed a place to crash a couple nights.  We didn't have anything in particular going on so we welcomed him to come and stay.  He was coming to Colorado Springs for a conference starting on Saturday, but was able to get a ride Thursday evening so he took advantage of that.  I took him over to band camp and he stayed behind when the guys were done to play some music with Nathan and Adam.  The next evening after Adam and I were off work he joined us at Nathan and Marika's for our weekly Friday tradition, pizza night.  Come Saturday morning Andy was supposed to go to the conference he was in town for.  Due to bad weather North of us the conference was cancelled all together.  So Andy and I spent the day together on Saturday.  He helped me run some errands in preparation for Adam and my vacation in the coming days.  He also joined us for church on Sunday.  Andy and I have never spent too much time one on one, but have been friends for many years.  (He was actually in the same cabin at camp with Adam so many years ago when Adam and I met.)  Having the opportunity to spend time talking with Andy was a pretty cool thing.  He is a smart, interesting guy and kind hearted guy.   I was reminded once again of what a unique and special college experience I had and how many lifelong friends I made during that time.  It was a pleasure to have you in our home, Andy.  You're welcome any time!

1 comment:

erin said...

awwwwww! that's so sweet - i didn't know he and adam go waaaaaaaay back, too - gotta love showbiz!

Followers

Blog Archive