Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Canada

While on vacation in Canada last week I somehow found the time to update photos on facebook, but not on the blog. Maybe it's because I felt like the blog should have more words with the photos, and I didn't have the energy for that. Although most people who read this blog are also facebook friends of mine, I'll now repeat some pictures and share a little information about our trip!

Sunday after a safe arrival (note that I said safe, but not uneventful: for more details visit http://www.marikanolt.blogspot.com/) at the Calgary airport. We found our luggage, the rental car and hit the road. After going in the wrong direction for a bit, we stopped and were given the correct directions to the Wild Rose Brewery. On the way we pulled over to try to capture some breathtaking scenery on camera! When we made it to the Wild Rose Brewery, we enjoyed delicious food and beer!
On Monday we walked around in Banff and did some shopping. In an effort to satisfy a request from a friend I found the cardboard cut out of a Mountie to take a picture with!
On Tuesday we went to Lake Louise and Lake Morane. They were both beautiful places for scenery shots!
Wednesday was a lazy day. We spent most of the day indoors. Mom and dad went to the Safeway there and to the Farmer's Market. They got some of the most yummiest raspberries and blueberries! We into town in the evening and ate Cow's ice cream.


On Thursday we went to The Buffalo Nations Luxon Museum and walked to the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. We also spotted a real live Mountie!!
Friday we went on a gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain. There were some really beautiful views!


On Saturday Nathan and Marika went on a hike and Mom, Dad and I searched downtown for a shirt for me to take home as a souvenir. After looking all week I thought I was going to do without, but I found one! We met Nathan and Marika at a Greek restaurant for our final meal for the vacation!
Sunday morning we headed to the airport and made our way back to the U.S. without any of drama we had anticipated for Marika's re-entry. Good trip!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive