Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Adam!

Yesterday was Adam's birthday. He turned 28. He made it very clear several times before his birthday that birthdays aren't a big deal at this age. He also told me several times that he didn't want anything for his birthday and I didn't need to spend any money on him.
The night before his birthday I found a cool K-State scoreboard clock. I called him and asked if it was ok if I spent money on him. He, again, said that I shouldn't spend money on him unless it was something that he really needed and would use. I decided not to get it.
The next morning I gave him his card and told him Happy Birthday. He opened the card then looked at me and said, "Where's my present?" What can I say? He a gem!
We ate dinner at Danny Boys in Hutch and then went to his parents house for cake. His mom didn't have any birthday candles so she lit a tea light and we sang to Adam.
This picture cracks me up. He looks so thrilled to be blowing out his candle.

3 comments:

erin said...

ha! that picture is great! poor little tea-light candle birthday boy! 28 is a BIG deal, adam! but maybe he's just trying to save all the excitement up for the big 3-0! eeeeeee!

rcombs said...

I like how he's reading the paper while he celebrates his birthday...Erin is right, 28 is a big deal!! Come on, get with the program!!

rcombs said...

I like how he's reading the paper while he celebrates his birthday...Erin is right, 28 is a big deal!! Come on, get with the program!!

Followers

Blog Archive