Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good bye friend

This evening a group of friends from work got together for a farewell party for Jenny. We went to Carlos O'Kelly's and had a great time. When Jenny and I arrived we saw that one of the local radio stations was broadcasting from there. When we walked through the doors the d.j. looked at us and said, "Congratulations! You are the winners of these Carlos O'Kelly's bar stools!" It wasn't a lie. We actually each won a bar stool. We also won free appetizers and got to talk on the radio. We ended up giving the stools away to Teresa. She wanted them, and we had no idea what we would do with them.
I have worked with Jenny now for two years. From the very beginning I had a feeling that we would make good friends. Over time we have become very good friends. She moved to Salina in September and we have been riding to work together two days a week since she moved. It has been so much fun. She drove me back to my car tonight and as I got into my car I realized that it was the last day we were going to be riding together, and I got really sad. I feel so fortunate to have such good friends at my workplace, but it really won't be the same with out Jenny.

2 comments:

The Johnson 5 said...

You are so sweet! Made me cry a little; however, today is sort of hard for me and that seems to be happening quite a bit. I have enjoyed our rides together every Tuesday and Thursday and will miss them as much as you. Thanks for being such a great friend. Love ya!

erin said...

bar stools!? what a prize!!

Followers

Blog Archive