Sunday, September 23, 2007

The phone rings...

Adam: Your phone is ringing.
Lauren: What phone?
Adam: Your cell phone. Are you riding with Jenny today?
Lauren: Is it Monday? What day is it?
Adam: Well...it's Sunday.
Lauren: No.

I rush out to the living room to see who called. Thinking it might me an emergency, but most likely it's a drunk dial.

Message one: 1:09 a.m.
Rachel: There's just so much s*it that has happened in one night. And I am laughing and not crying. So I know it sounds like crying but don't worry. This is Rachel. And okay, so, I drove, number A) I drove to Iowa on a whim to see my boyfriend play Frisbee because number A) I'm f-ed up...just generally. And then we went to this party after the tournament where we were getting really drunk and then the f-ing, there was a fire in the bar! Like, a fire! We were on the 7th floor and there was a fire and we had to run downstairs. It was actually kinda scarey and there was smoke everywhere. Then...you need to let me leave a message Josh, and then you're number 2 after the message.

Message two: 2:12 a.m.
Rachel: And then this guy named Barrett, who is on the Frisbee team got arrested for mouthing off to a cop. And then everyone gave $300.00 so that Barrett could get out of jail. And then, but, did I tell you about the f-ing fire that was at this bar I was at? I mean this whole night is just f-ing out of control. I wish nothing more than that I could be talking to you right now. Because I need some, f-ing, I need to be talking to someone that I can trust. Because only nothing but crazy ass mother f-ing s*it has been happening all night. And I'm drunk and I can't trust anyone but you, Laur Laur. You're my bff. I heard it from you and I hope you had fun. My recording time is expiring.

Message three: 2:57 am
Shawn: Lauren, it's all your fault there was a fire, Barrett's in jail. You can't abuse the ________ (this is left blank because I am unsure what privilege Shaw was refering to) privilege and there's a can of Planters cashews for you. Get over here now! Believe in the light and the light will come to you. Rachel is drunk. Help me! Bye.

2 comments:

rcombs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rcombs said...

Well, it all seemed a lot crazier when I was drunk and wandering the streets of Ames.

Followers

Blog Archive