Monday, April 29, 2013

Sunday morning lesson

This month I went out of my comfort zone and did something new as a favor to my cousin, Fay.  She was to be a part of the church service and music team this past Sunday morning.  Normally Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. she teaches the 3-5 grade Sunday school class.   She begged and pleaded with me to fill in.  I begrudgingly agreed.  She also recruited my mom to be my assistant. 

I had no idea what I was doing.  The book tells you exactly what to you, but I still felt lost.  The lesson focused mostly on kindness.  The class was made up of six boys and one girl.  We read the Bible story from Acts and talked about the kind acts the people in the story did for one another.  As we were all coloring kindness ribbons to give away to people to acknowledge their kind acts the boys sat at the table talking about "that weird girl at school."  I had to remind them several times that our topic was kindness and they were not being very kind saying those things.  I was corrected rather quickly when they told me she actually "super weird" so they were being nice by only saying she was weird.     

Oh children...

Followers

Blog Archive