Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dirty 30!

My dear sweet husband turned 30 on the 25th of March.  It was a low key night at home.  I made meatloaf at his request and also attempted my first ever from scratch cake.  That was my new thing I tried in March.  It was tasty, but could have been a bit more moist.  I'm sure I'll have a chance to try again some day.
The Saturday before Adam's birthday we went out to dinner with Nathan, Marika and the kids, Adam's brother Scot and friends, Sarah, Joe and Ryan & Stacey.  After dinner some of us stopped by a brewery then finished the night playing games at Nathan and Marika's.  We had a great time.  It's also nice to get out with friends!

 

3 comments:

erin said...

happy birthday, Adam!!! i can't believe this was your first made-from-scratch cake, lauren??? congrats!!

Lauren said...

Oh no! I just realized I am a big liar. I have made carrot cake from scratch before! And red velvet! Why did I lie to you?? It was the first white cake I've made from scratch though so it felt brand new.

Sue said...

Adam prolly loved his cake regardless!

(You've also helped bake many a Texas cake before you were on your own kitchen
!)

Followers

Blog Archive