Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The graduate

Last weekend Adam and I went to Lawrence for Rachel's graduation. She graduated from KU with her Masters in Social Work. We went up on Saturday evening and walked to the campus to see the Social Welfare building. We also got to see the lab where Ben grows DNA. He's a real scientist. I'm very impressed by what he is doing.

After only a little bit of time with them Adam and I drove to his sister's house in Leavenworth. Rowan was asleep, but we got to visit with Tyler before he left for work, and Emily until we went to bed. We got to spend the next morning playing with Rowan! He is the cutest nephew I've ever had!


We left a little before noon to get to the hooding ceremony for Rachel, who, by the way, was Phi Alpha eligible. We got there just in time! The ceremony was very nice. The speaker was The Honorable Congressman Emmanuel Cleaver, II. He is Emily and Joel's representative. He gave a good speech. I enjoyed it very much. After the ceremony we, Erin, Jesse, Emily, Adam and I found Rachel and her fam and Shawn for a few pictures.


We took off after the ceremony, ate lunch and headed home. I was sad that we didn't get to stay for the party that evening. They went to the Cheesecake Factory in KC. I hear it was a good time.

I will miss my sweet little Rachel. Her being in Lawrence and me in McPherson has been a nice way to ease from living together to her being 650 miles away. I know we'll be fine. We maybe just need to have a little more prep time before our visits from now on. Congratulations baby girl! I'm so very proud of you!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Rowan is a cute little punkin' and that was a nice story about Rachel and all of your friends. Don't you feel blessed to have them all in your life?

Bye.

rcombs said...

You have some good pictures! Thanks for the sweetness about me! Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: Dang that baby is cute.

Followers

Blog Archive