Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oops

I'm a facebooker. If you're familiar with facebook then you know that there is a little box after your name where you can type something describing your mood, the day you've had or anything really.
Example: YOUR NAME: needs a haircut.
Well the other evening after I had felt Puff's kittens moving around in her belly I happened to check my facebook. In that little status box I put. LGB: Felt the babies move. It wasn't until the next morning I questioned whether I had used the word "babies" or "kittens" fearing that babies might give some the wrong impression. I signed on to facebook to check and it was too late. I had a very sweet congratulatory message from an old family friend. She was telling me how I was going to be a busy mom just like her. She questioned whether it was twins or more.
How embarrassing! Not only was it not me that is pregnant, it's not even a human. I wrote her a message right away to try to explain what happened. I felt so stupid. I changed my status to make it clear that I was not pregnant.
A short time after I signed off my phone rang. It was Erin. She had signed on and seen Diana's message to me and was feeling more than a little left out. (No worries Erwin! You won't find out through facebook when it's for real.) For some reason she couldn't get past the opening page to see any kind of explanation. Oops. I hope no one else saw that.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive