Friday, December 14, 2007

Son of a.....

Well, here I sit at ma and pa Baldwin's for the third night in a row. On Tuesday we woke up to ice covering everything, and many fallen tree branches. One rather large branch fell on the garage and was covering the garage door. I couldn't get my car out, so I didn't go to work. Dwight and Cindy came over to our house because they didn't have electricity. They were around for the morning, and we were all comfortable. A little after noon our power went out. It hasn't been back on since. Later on Tuesday Dwight and Cindy's power came back on, so we have been staying here.

While I am very thankful for a warm home to stay in and meals prepared by someone other than myself, I don't like being out of my home. When we came over on Tuesday I wasn't thinking that we would be gone this long. I hurried around and gathered only the things I wanted for that particular evening. The next morning I had to go early and find my outfit for the day by flashlight. On Wednesday night I had to pick my outfit for Thursday by flashlight, and did the same again on Thursday night.

Now it is snowing. We could possibly get up to 10''. Not my idea of fun. I'm sure this will just delay the process of restoring power. Thousands of people are out of electricity. Rice County is a neighboring county, and every town in the county has no power except for one town. In Hutchinson alone I believe more than 10,000 homes have no electricity. Everybody is in a bad way around here.

This storm is said to be worse than '05 because so many more people have been affected by it. So I've survived so far, but it sucks!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive