Thursday, July 19, 2007

In dreamy dream land I was snoozin'

The other night I had a strange dream. It all started with me walking around our house finding little lists about me. They were titled with things like "The 12 Sweetest Things about Lauren" and "My Favorite Things About Lauren." Come to find out the were composed by Adam's cousin Lucas. (Mind you, I know Lucas, but we aren't exactly tight.) I was feeling confused in my dream, so I called my mom and asked what I should do about Lucas. She told me I should give him a chance and hang out with him.

All of a sudden I was at a theatre viewing a documentary with Rachel, Shawn (Rachel's boyfriend) and Shawn's dad. Shawn's dad was a paleontologist. (Real life...he's a social worker.) It seemed I was spending more time with the Walding men than I was with Rachel. The documentary was very poorly done, so we got up to leave.

We went outside to a balcony where I had left my purse. My purse was on its side and it was full of snow. I looked inside and realized someone had taken all of my cash except one dollar, and all of my credit cards. I looked inside my purse and was relieved to find that they didn't take my cell phone. I opened it and the wallpaper was of a football helmet. It read, "Burn all your ugly clothes." I called Nathan to see if he could help me get the numbers to my credit card companies to cancel them and all he did was pronounce words incorrectly and stall. I was not happy with him.

Shawn suggest that we go to a hotel lobby and report my missing money and cards. We reported the information to the concierge. I don't know what the hell she was going to do with it, but we felt like we could trust her.

The scene changed again...I walked through a big cafeteria-like room and through some big doors into an elegantly decorated lobby. There were some people in ball gowns and tuxedos. Some of them had those masks that have feathers and you hold them up with a stick. I looked over and behind a column appeared Josh Heim and Extreme (Justin Ramer.) I ran over to them and we started talking. We were excited to see each other because it had been a really long time.

Then from the top of the beautiful marble stairway Sara started calling down to me telling me to come pick out a room at her end of the hall. I had already picked a room, but she insisted that I pick one closer to her.

3 comments:

rcombs said...

I love that dream so much. I think my favorite part was when you found your cell phone with the message, "Burn all your ugly clothes"! And that it was full of snow. This is why I miss living with you. I miss talking about our dreams and realizing that we are crazy.

Last night I had a dream that I went to a party at Jesse Overright's dad's house. Except that the house was actually your house, Lauren. Anyway, I was so bored and the party was awkward because Erin and Jesse went outside. Every time I would go outside to hang out with them, I would see one of Shawn's frisbee teammates stealing my car. And I would get pissed but Erin and Jesse told me to stop being such a bitch, because they told those people to take my car. Then I would go back inside, get bored, go outside and watch my car get stolen again.

Sweet party.

PS- You forgot to mention the part about Shawn's dad being such a nerd. Remember? That part was funny.

Lauren said...

Oh yeah. I did forget the description. Dear blog readers, I want to make you aware that Shawn's dad had dark curly hair, Harry Potter glasses, a flannel shirt and tapered leg jeans. Oh yeah, and loafers. So awesome!

Mily said...

sounds like Shawn is the spitting image of his dad. Rachel, can't you get him to stop wearing tapered jeans?

Followers

Blog Archive